I’m on a breakfast roll! Can you tell I’m a little bored with smoothies?
It happens… and sometimes we need to switch things up. Who doesn’t want guilt-free apple pie for breakfast?!
A recipe that’s quick, easy and delish – I’m just makin’ sure you have dessert-worthy options that are healthy and breakfast/snack appropriate at the same time. For all my busy babes on the go, make this chia seed pudding portable in a mason jar rather than a bowl, and make it before you go to bed. Give it a stir in the morning and you’re good to go!
I love chia pudding mainly because it keeps me feeling full and nourished. I’m sure you know by now that chia seeds are magical little nutrient powerhouses packed with fiber, protein and minerals.
Chia Seed Benefits:
- packed with antioxidants for anti-aging benefits (more antioxidants than flaxseeds)
- rich in omega’s
- lots of soluble fiber to keep you feeling fuller longer
- provide sustainable energy and balance blood sugar levels
- easily digested form of plant protein – 2 tablespoons = 3 g of protein!
- rich in calcium, iron and vitamin C
Basically, chia seeds are a superfood that can and should be added to anything! Think oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, smoothie bowls, popsicles, salads, soups, stir-fry’s, chia fruit water and lastly, pudding. The seeds have no flavor making them very versatile as they can soak up any flavor. I opted for an apple pie flavor (can’t get enough apples lately… they’re my favorite snack of all time!), infusing the chia goodness with cashew milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, with crunchy golden delicious chopped apples and a handful of maple granola PLUS cinnamon sugar pepitas from Super Seedz (oh my yum). THE BEST.
Go make this super simple ‘apple pie’ yumminess and get your chia fix in for the day.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (or any plant milk)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 golden delicious apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (or 3-4 vanilla stevia drops)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon crushed pecans/walnuts/pepitas
- Make the night before! Before bed, combine cashew milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mason jar. Stir it until smooth and combined, making sure the chia seeds aren't clumping.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir it up then add the apples and nuts.
I’m off to make a couple recipes for my new meal plan eBook and then run some last minute errands before I take off for Florida!