I’ll take ALL of these please.
Here’s what you need to know about these lip-smackin’ Chocolate Covered Brownie Pops:
they’re secretly healthy (kinda).
they’re no bake.
they’re seriously fudgy.
they’re drenched in creamy melted chocolate.
they’re nut-free + oil-free.
How are these little bites of heaven secretly healthy? From black beans – the magical ingredient – but your taste buds won’t know that.
I’ve been making chocolate desserts of all kinds the past couple weeks. Candies, bars, mini cheesecake things, but they all were major fails. I wanted a special recipe that was oil-free, that I could feel good about and that satisfied my chocolate addiction. Nothing seemed to be working out until I made these dreamy pops. Thank goodness right?
Drenching them in melted chocolate is optional but highly recommended. I think they taste mighty fine on their own but since it’s Valentine’s Day appropriate to go chocolate crazy, that’s exactly what I did.
With just a handful of ingredients + your favorite toppings, you can roll these luscious pops up in no time.
Aren’t they darling though?
And so fun! You will LOVE them.
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 12 toothpicks/cake pops/straws (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cacao powder, sunflower butter, maple syrup and sea salt. Pulse and process for a couple minutes, until the mixture is well combined and doughy. The dough will not be sticky, just gooey and fudgy.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls (approximately 2 tablespoons each) and place on a lined baking sheet. Pop in a toothpick/cake pop/straw (optional). Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate (over the stove or in the microwave) and with a spoon, pour the melted chocolate over the brownie pops until covered.
- Top with your favorite toppings: mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sprinkles etc. Place back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep fresh.