Good morning and cheers to the weekend! I don’t know where this week went. Or where April went! Time has been flying by lately and I have summer on my mind, which hopefully will arrive before we know it. My brother has been on my mind too, he is graduating college in a couple weeks. I feel like I haven’t seen him in ages, I miss him dearly! Having him back here permanently will certainly make for a fun summer. In preparation for summer, I have the perfect spring breakfast recipe for you! I added a special ingredient and if you checked out instagram yesterday you might have seen my little hint! Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil! Well, its no secret at all, really. I have seen this one all over and I needed to get my hands on it!
Here’s the skinny on Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil: this stuff is the best coconut oil available! It’s the only kind that is 100% raw in the entire world. This oil is never extracted using heat which makes it a cold-pressed superfood. Let me tell you it smells amaaazing. I have tried many coconut oils but this one is unique because of the luscious, coconutty, buttery sweet smell. Not only is it 100% raw, it’s pure virgin coconut oil, pesticide-free, wild harvested, vegan, gluten-free, and has a pH of 7.3-7.8. Coconut oil is the only kind of healthy oil recommended for vegans and raw foodies! Start slowly adding this into your diet to prevent hair damage, moisturize your skin from the inside out, kill off bacteria and/or infections due to the Lauric Acid, aid in weight loss and much more. Add it to smoothies, baking recipes or as an oil replacement in your cooking. I even tried it as a deep conditioning hair mask! The uses are endless. The newest craze is oil pulling, would you guys be interested in a post about this? Leave me a comment if you are! Have you tried this coconut oil before? I would love to hear from you.
- 6-8 fresh strawberries
- 1 small chunk of a red beet
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp. raw virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Handful of ice cubes (around 8 cubes)
- 1 6oz. container of soy yogurt (I used Vanilla)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 peach - cut into slices
- Add strawberries, beet, banana, almond milk, coconut oil and ice to blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Grab a large mason jar or large cup and add whole container of yogurt.
- Add oats on top, then add the peach slices.
- Slowly pour in smoothie mixture.
- I added some extra oats on top
- I used plain oats for this recipe but feel free to replace with oatmeal, granola or overnight oats for extra sweetness. Also, you can use any yogurt of your choice! Coconut and almond yogurt are delicious.