Hi lovelies! I am SO excited for this 4th of July weekend!! What are your plans?! Fireworks, friends, family and fun in the sun?! That’s what I’ll be doing. We are taking Thursday off to have a beach day at North Ave. beach with friends and then we are heading up to our family lake house in Wisconsin on Friday morning, for the rest of the weekend. My brother has his graduation party up there on Saturday too! I plan to whip up a few of my favorite Salads! Maybe even some Burgers! No “What I Ate Wednesday” today because I am feeling very summery and festive, so why not share some healthy Patriotic Popsicles?! Did I mention they only have 3 ingredients?!
Similar to those red white and blue sugary rocket popsicles that I remember when I was little, but a healthy, whole foods version! These popsicles are free of added sugars/colorings or anything weird 😉 They are creamy and taste like smoothie-yogurt-ice cream-popsicles. YUM! The coconut milk is the trick and adds that creamy taste. I highly recommend coconut milk over almond milk for this recipe. Canned or carton is fine. The blue layer didn’t turn out as blue as I had hoped (it looks more purple than blue!) but it’s all natural so I knew you wouldn’t mind 😉
I picked up some cute red, white & blue clothes/accessories for this weekends festivities too.
Currently Loving: ♥ Crop Tops and Fringe ♥
I hope you have an uh-mazing weekend!! Happy 4th of July friends!
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- In a blender, blend raspberries with coconut milk until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds, evenly dispersing mixture. Or do it unevenly for a fun mix! Place popsicle stick in too depending on the type of popsicle sticks you have. (Mine were too short, I added them in the next layer) Freeze for about 1 - 1.5 hours.
- After first layer is frozen, pour the 1 cup coconut milk over the frozen raspberry mixture, evenly dispersing and add the popsicle sticks if you haven't done so already. Freeze for another 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Blend blueberries with coconut milk until smooth. Pour this mixture over the frozen 2nd layer and freeze for another 1 - 1.5 hours.
- To get popsicles out of molds, hold under warm water for 30 seconds and they should slide out.