It’s Friday! A new documentary comes out tonight in select cities, called FED UP. Watch the trailer below:
Let me know how FED UP is if you see it!!
Buying guacamole from the store is something I will never do! I always have to make it fresh, and it tastes way better that way too! My guacamole recipe is so simple and you can whip it up in no time! Store-bought guacamole usually has added unnecessary ingredients and chemicals that I refuse to put in my body. We have to worry about additives in guacamole too?!!! I know, its crazy! Since becoming vegan, I have had to look at the ingredient lists way more than I ever have before. Companies are so sneaky with their labels! One thing I have learned and heard in more ways than one is to to focus on the ingredient list, not the nutrition facts label (unless its full of sugar, that’s a different story). People are beginning to look at nutrition labels more but they should be focusing on the ingredient list to make sure they are buying real, whole food and not highly processed, fake food. The nutrition facts can be very misleading. I am thinking of doing a whole blog post on this topic!
I don’t believe in counting calories, especially if you are on the plant-based vegan diet, unless you are trying to gain weight. You should not have to worry about the scale at all when your diet is filled with veggies, fruits, nuts/seeds and REAL, living food. Know what ingredients are in the food you eat and your body will thank you 🙂 If you can’t pronounce an ingredient, it’s probably not real, and it’s not a good idea to put that ingredient into your system. That ingredient will not be recognized by your body, which then leads to a mess of health issues. So lets be more mindful of what we consume and get to know the ingredient lists!
This Perfectly Simple Guacamole would taste even better with my Watermelon Freeze-a-Rita!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, finely chopped ( optional, I removed half of the seeds so it wasn't as spicy)
- Freshly-squeezed juice from 1 lime
- Dash of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Spoon out the avocados into a small bowl and mash.
- Chop the tomato, onion, jalapeño and cilantro and add to bowl with avocado.
- Mix well. Add lime juice, sea salt and pepper.
- Mix well and enjoy!
- Adding the avocado nut into the bowl of guacamole will keep it from turning brown!