Creamy Coconut Butter. My newest obsession.
Like spoonfuls of heavenly fluff.
Think nut butter – but in melty coconut form. Literally there is nothing better, I promise.
Coconut butter is naturally sweet on its own and doesn’t need extra sugar, which is a plus. I’ve slowly been adding more whole food fats into my diet to support hormone balance, which I’ve been talking about a lot lately. Our bodies are constantly changing and need different things at different times. Something that worked last year might not work today, so it’s important to eat intuitively and experiment to find what works best at this point in your life!
I’ve been incorporating foods like hemp seeds, chia seeds, lots of avocado and either shredded coconut or coconut butter for extra fats. Foods in their whole food form rather than in oil form seem to work best for me, given it still has the fiber and protein, and nothing good has been extracted. Keep the good stuff in! Coconut butter is whole coconut puree, which I love.
That might not work for you, or maybe you feel the same as I do. Either way, you do you!
For the weeks when I need something chocolatey after dinner every night, I find these Two Ingredient Mini Coconut Butter Cups, to be THE BEST treat to have on hand.
- They’re miniature!
- They satisfy my sweet tooth.
- They’re only two ingredients.
To make these heavenly butter cup bites, melt vegan chocolate chips and spread a layer into mini baking cups, and freeze for 5 minutes. Next, spread a layer of softened coconut butter, and freeze for 5 minutes. Lastly, spread out another layer of melted chocolate and freeze for 20 minutes. Store these mini treats in a container in the fridge and pop one out when cravings come knockin’.
- 1 cup melted vegan chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup softened coconut butter
- sprinkles (optional)
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini liners.
- Melt 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips in 30 second intervals in the microwave, mixing in between, being careful not to burn. Layer 2 teaspoons or so evenly into each liner. Freeze to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Place jar of coconut butter in hot water to soften. It won't fully melt so just spread 1 teaspoon or so on top of the chocolate layer. Freeze to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and layer 2 teaspoons over the coconut butter. Sprinkle with sprinkles and freeze for 20-30 minutes, until fully set!
- Store remaining coconut cups in the fridge (or freezer) in a sealed container.
P.S. Have you guys seen those keto cups from Eating Evolved all over instagram lately?
Those were my inspiration but since they’re always sold out, I figured why not make my own to save money? I also didn’t want to wait for them to arrive in the mail… I wanted them right nowww haha.
They turned out pretty perfect though, so I hope you love them too!
PIN FOR LATER:
SHOP THE POST: