Pastel pink + pale yellow + baby blue + mint green… why you so cute smeared on toast?!
Yep, Unicorn Toast is a thing and has taken instagram by storm.
Mostly because food is way more fun when swirled with pastel rainbow shades, unicorn sparkles and flower shaped bananas.
I couldn’t help myself. I’m just as obsessed with unicorn anything and everything as the next person… from this Unicorn Toast to Starbucks unicorn frappes (still haven’t tried… can they be made vegan?!) to unicorn ice cream to adorable unicorn throw pillows at Target and my favorite emoji ever… you guessed it – – the unicorn.
Sorta feels like we’re re-living what we missed out on during childhood, which I’m totally okay with.
I swirled all natural food colorings (from actual food!) with plain dairy-free coconut milk yogurt from So Delicious (which is literally amazing), but you could also use plain dairy-free cream cheese from Kite Hill or Daiya!
How to Make Unicorn Toast:
- In small bowls, swirl 1-2 tablespoons plain coconut milk yogurt (depending on how many pieces of toast you want), with a natural food coloring of choice. See below for food coloring options. A little coloring goes a long way so use less and you can always mix in more until you reach your desired unicorn color.
- Add spoonfuls of the rainbow dyed mixtures to toast, switching colors until you’ve smothered the whole surface.
- With a butter knife, blend and swirl each color together!
- Sprinkle with spirulina powder, turmeric, blue majik powder or actual sprinkles.
- Top with banana coins, kiwi, or any fruit! I used these shape cutters for fun shapes!
No fake food colors or chemicals here ♥
Natural Food Colorings:
- a few drops of red beet juice (this is what I used) or beet root powder
- dragonfruit juice (from Pitaya Plus smoothie packs)
- pomegranate juice or powder
- ground turmeric
- E3Live blue majik powder (from capsules; this is what I used)
- red cabbage juice
- pure blueberry juice
- purple sweet potatoes
- carrot juice
- ground paprika
Or if you’re too lazy, try this natural food coloring from amazon. So easy and so fun! I’ve been really into coconut milk yogurt lately. I’ve missed it! This is a fun way to get creative with breakfast, or even a snack. I think the rainbow colored cream cheese would make the best Unicorn Bagel too, just sayin 🙂
PIN FOR LATER!!