Baked Vegan Falafel Glow Bowl with fresh herbs and tahini sauce. Vegan, Gluten Free. Super simple and flavorful!
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cup kale, de-stemmed (or spinach; I’ve used both!)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1–2 tablespoons water (to desired consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
Extra Optional Ingredients
- chopped english cucumber
- red onion
- extra lemon juice
- extra parsley/cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use nonstick spray.
- Add all ingredients (except chickpeas) to a food processor and pulse until shredded and well combined. Then add in the chickpeas and pulse until chickpeas are smoothly blended in.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Take 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and form into small patties with your hands. Each time I’ve tested this, I get 7-8 falafel patties.
- Place patties on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with the optional “extra” ingredients, and drizzle with tahini sauce.
- I de-stemmed and shredded two large kale leaves, then massaged the kale with my hands using 1/2 lemon + 1 teaspoon maple syrup. It’s totally optional but the lemon softens and breaks down the fibrous kale leaves, making them much more appetizing, ha! You could also steam the kale which I often do too, for easier digestion.
Keywords: Baked, Vegan, Healthy, Falafel, bowl, dinner, fresh herbs, homemade, tahini sauce, vegan falafel, baked vegan falafel recipe