- 1 english cucumber, quartered
- 1/3 head of cauliflower (about 2 cups, chopped)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Creamy Lemon Dressing
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons plain hummus
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt, to taste
- extra chopped basil (optional)
- In a food processor, add 1/3 of a head of cauliflower and process until crumbly and chopped small (makes about 2 cups). Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cucumber, red onion and basil. Mix until combined.
- Prepare the dressing in a small mixing bowl. Whisk all ingredients and pour over salad. Toss until combined and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 days but is best eaten the same day as it can get watery.
- Optional add-ins: chickpeas, hemp hearts, avocado, or sunflower seeds for extra plant protein
- Serving Size: 2