The yummiest vegan and gluten free spicy bolognese. Veggie-packed, delicious and ready in 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1 shallot, chopped small
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 clove minced garlic (or more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce (I used arrabbiata sauce)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional; for a cheesy taste)
- 2 medium-sized zucchini’s, spiralized using a spiralizer
- In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the shallot, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, stirring until the shallot is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, zucchini, cauliflower rice and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, oregano and basil and cook another 5 minutes.
- Then stir in the pasta sauce, red wine vinegar and nutritional yeast and reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Turn off heat and serve immediately over the zucchini noodles!
- Top with extra nutritional yeast if desired.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for 3-4 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- You can swap the zucchini noodles for spaghetti squash or your favorite pasta noodle.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: vegan bolognese, vegan bolognese recipe, zoodle pasta recipe, bolognese sauce recipe vegan, gluten free, spicy bolognese, zoodles, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, dairy free