Chickpea Pineapple Summer Salad. Fruity, crunchy, tangy and sweet. Bursting with summer-y and coconut flavor! Vegan, gluten free and super quick to make. Served over greens.
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups pineapple, chopped (about 1/2 pineapple)
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped (I used orange, but any color works)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, optional (or red onion works too)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 avocado per serving, optional (but highly recommended!)
- *Serve over a bowl of greens, I used spinach
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or fresh lemon/lime juice)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Chop the pineapple, bell pepper, cilantro and chives, and add to bowl. Mix in the coconut and sunflower seeds.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing, then pour into the bowl and mix well.
- Serve over greens, and add the avocado.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten free, Chickpea, Pineapple, Summer Salad, Fruity, crunchy, tangy, sweet, coconut, spring, summer, salad, party