- 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour (buckwheat, millet, etc. I also used spelt flour)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- tiny pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dairy-free chocolate chips (like the Enjoy Life brand)
Coconut Cream Frosting
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (*1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight)
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with one cupcake liner.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Add in the almond milk, applesauce and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the cupcake liner and bake for 14-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make Coconut Cream
- Open a can of full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the cream from the top of the can (it has separated from the water) and place in a small bowl. Add coconut sugar and whisk until creamy.
- Frost your cupcake after it has cooled.
- Save the remaining coconut cream and water to use in a smoothie or soup!
- Serving Size: 1