- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 12 toothpicks/cake pops/straws (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cacao powder, sunflower butter, maple syrup and sea salt. Pulse and process for a couple minutes, until the mixture is well combined and doughy. The dough will not be sticky, just gooey and fudgy.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls (approximately 2 tablespoons each) and place on a lined baking sheet. Pop in a toothpick/cake pop/straw (optional). Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate (over the stove or in the microwave) and with a spoon, pour the melted chocolate over the brownie pops until covered.
- Top with your favorite toppings: mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sprinkles etc. Place back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep fresh.