It’s love week!
Time to share the love with something simple and sweet.
Doesn’t hurt that this healthy Chocolate Heaven Protein Dip is shareable for two… and lickable… kidding! Not really though.
Since many of you are health-conscious like me, you’re probably looking for a healthier alternative to all the decadent sweets that are swarming the stores and calling your name. It’s just mean, isn’t it?!!! Or maybe you’re planning to go all out and eat endless amounts of candy and chocolate this Valentine’s Day. Whatever you decide to do, this heavenly dip is a quick little sweet tooth/snack fix that you should definitely pin or bookmark right now.
Don’t be fooled – this is a healthy treat that you can whip up all year round. I would even consider it a post-workout snack… if you eat it with fresh fruit and not cookies! Sometimes our protein shakes/smoothies can get old and it’s fun to mix up how we use protein powders! I know you’ve been busting your booty in the gym so don’t wash away your hard work with loads of sugar and processed treats this weekend. Of course you should treat yourself every so often but if you’re feelin’ the healthy vibes for this weekend of love, then make your someone special this yummy dip and get your chocolate fix this way.
Swirling in some fresh strawberries for a healthier chocolate covered strawberry sounds like a good idea to me. YUM.
Made with plain coconut milk yogurt, cacao powder, maple syrup and EPIC Chocolate Maca Protein Powder, this fondue-like dessert dip is SUPER EASY to make in literally 3 minutes. No melting required.
I’ve always loved and raved about the Sprout Living EPIC Protein powders which I’ve mentioned here on TGF before. I especially love their Chocolate Maca flavor because of it’s potent superfood blend with antioxidant-rich cacao and adaptogenic maca powder. You guys know I LOVE maca and have it in smoothies or hot chocolate every single day. Plus, hello chocolate flavor.
Sprout Living protein powders combine organic nutrient-dense whole foods that are full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients, with a complete amino acid profile. Their highly digestible superfood blends fuel your body which allow you to perform at optimal level. I love how they stick to 100% whole food ingredients and never use “natural” flavorings, weird “other ingredients” or additives of any kind.
It’s purity at it’s finest.
The EPIC protein powders are:
- raw & vegan
- gluten free
- nut free
They have up to 26 grams of complete vegan protein per serving. With a creamy texture, rich real flavor and full-bodied sweetness, there’s no ‘fake’ aftertaste. Here are the ingredients for the Chocolate Maca protein powder: Sprouted Brown Rice, Yellow Pea, Sacha Inchi, Cranberry Seed, Cacao, Maca Root, Ceylon, Cinnamon, Lucuma Fruit, Heirloom Red Banana, Jerusalem Artichoke, Baobab Fruit, Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and Stevia Leaf.
GET EXCITED because I’ve collaborated with Sprout Living to do a giveaway for you guys!
The giveaway includes 5 items:
- a 16 oz. bag of the balanced and complete EPIC Protein Chocolate Maca protein powder with 19 grams of high-quality plant protein
- 4 sample packs of the EPIC Protein powders which include the Original, Green Kingdom, Vanilla Lucuma and Chocolate Maca
- It starts today (Thursday, February 11th) and will run until Wednesday, February 17th. Winner announced Thursday.
- Available only to those in the U.S.
- To be entered into this giveaway, you must do 3 things:
1) LIKE my Facebook page as well as Sprout Living’s Facebook page
2) FOLLOW me on instagram as well as Sprout Living on instagram
3) TAG two friends who would like this protein powder in my instagram post found here.
That’s it! Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and Happy Valentine’s Day ♥ XOXOXO
- 1 5.3 ounce container of plain cultured coconut milk (coconut yogurt)
- 1 scoop of the Chocolate Maca EPIC protein powder
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon coconut flour (to thicken)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of pink sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together with a spoon. Depending on the consistency you want, start with 1/2 tablespoon of coconut flour to thicken, then add the other half only if needed.
- Serve with your favorite fresh fruit like berries, bananas, pineapple etc.
- I did not try this recipe with any other type of flour. Other kinds may alter the taste.
- Adjust the sweetness level to your liking but stick with liquid sweeteners (maple syrup/agave) as actual sugars may create a grainy texture.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to 2 days.
- Serving Size: 2