Summer is in full swing and I’m craving ALL the fresh plant foods like crazy.
Lots of greens, crunchy & colorful veggies, light lemony dressings, endless avocado… sounds SO amazing right?!
This salad encompasses all of these things and has been my go-to lately. The combination is super fresh and filling (in the best way). It’s pretty basic.. but when inspiration is lacking – this salad can be the motivation you need to stay on track because it’s so delicious, so healthy, so satisfying, so summery…
What’s not to love?!
Start out by filling your bowl with a few good handfuls of fresh spinach (or kale if you wanna get crazy).
Add in quinoa, fresh bell pepper slices, crunchy cucumber, lightly steamed asparagus, sweet corn, ripe avocado and fresh cilantro. Whisk up the light and lemony turmeric dressing and dig in! You’l feel totally balanced and energized with these feel good foods. You can make a big batch for the week or serve at a summer get-together; either way, this salad was made to please everyone!
Quinoa for the complete plant protein, plenty of green goodness like spinach, hydrating cucumber and vitamin-packed asparagus plus the creamiest avocado for good measure (and good fats for the brain!). I’ve got all the nutrition bases covered. No need to worry or wonder if you’re getting the essential nutrients.
PLUS – the detoxifying lemon turmeric dressing is perfection. Apple cider vinegar, cleansing fresh lemon juice, beautifying turmeric (buy here), nutrient-packed tahini (buy here) naturally sweet maple syrup (buy here). This lemony vinaigrette pulls all the flavors together and balances out the flavors.
You guys – it’s a must-try this summer. You will fall in love with it!
Chopped Summer Salad
- 4–5 cups of spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 of a fresh cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 of a fresh bell pepper, sliced (any color; I used yellow)
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus, chopped and lightly steamed (or raw if preferred)
- 1/3 cup sweet corn
- 1/2–1 ripe avocado, diced
Lemony Turmeric Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2–1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Lightly steam asparagus.
- Assemble salad in one large bowl or 2 small bowls. Start with spinach, quinoa, cucumber, bell pepper, asparagus, corn and avocado.
- Whisk together all ingredients for salad dressing in a small mixing bowl.
- Toss salad with the dressing and enjoy!
- *Can substitute any type of grain in for quinoa.
- **Leave dressing separate if you planned for leftovers so the spinach doesn’t get soggy.
- Serving Size: 2
Share your yummy creations with me by tagging me and using the hashtag #getthegloweffect so I can see your pretty pictures!
Get The Glow Effect.
Leave a Reply