- 4–5 cups of spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 of a fresh cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 of a fresh bell pepper, sliced (any color; I used yellow)
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus, chopped and lightly steamed (or raw if preferred)
- 1/3 cup sweet corn
- 1/2–1 ripe avocado, diced
Lemony Turmeric Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2–1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Lightly steam asparagus.
- Assemble salad in one large bowl or 2 small bowls. Start with spinach, quinoa, cucumber, bell pepper, asparagus, corn and avocado.
- Whisk together all ingredients for salad dressing in a small mixing bowl.
- Toss salad with the dressing and enjoy!
- *Can substitute any type of grain in for quinoa.
- **Leave dressing separate if you planned for leftovers so the spinach doesn’t get soggy.
- Serving Size: 2