Vegan Cinnamon Ice Cream with chunks of chewy dates and crushed walnuts
- 4 frozen, ripe, sliced bananas (frozen for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1–2 teaspoons coconut sugar (and more for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 soft medjool dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed walnut pieces
- In a food processor, add frozen banana slices and almond milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. Be patient with this part! It may take 5 minutes until its an ice cream consistency, depending on the type of food processor you have. You will have to scrape the sides down to make sure all banana chunks are blended.
- Add in coconut sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in chunks of dates and walnuts and pulse a couple times until they are mixed in.
- Scoop nice cream into mason jar or bowl. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and/or coconut sugar.
- Makes 1 large serving or 2 small servings.
- Serving Size: 2