Vegan Muffin Bars
- 2 cups oat flour (see notes)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or raw, cane or brown)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt ( I used pink himalayan)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (or any dairy-free milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed into small pieces
- 1/4 cup raw, natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- a few tablespoons water, to desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add in banana and almond milk, mix well. Fold in walnuts.
- Cover a 9″x 9″ baking pan with parchment paper and pour mixture over paper. Smooth it out evenly.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until edges are slightly golden brown.
- While that’s baking, make the peanut butter frosting. In a small mixing bowl, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Mix until combined, yes its sticky!
- Add in a couple tablespoons of water until it reaches a frosting-like consistency.
- I added about 2-3 tablespoons, if you want it more drippy, add more water.
- Let the bars cool for about 20 minutes. I cut the bars first and then spread the frosting over.
- To make oat flour, simply blend or food process 2 cups oats.