- 1.5 cups cooked grain (brown rice or quinoa)
- 1/2 head of a cauliflower, florets
- 1/2 of an English Cucumber, chopped small
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion (or 1 bunch of green onions), chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or raw, apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare brown rice of your grain of choice, according to directions.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower florets until crumbled like grains of rice. Transfer the “cauliflower rice” to a large bowl. Add the chopped cucumber, celery, onion, tomatoes, parsley and hemp hearts.
- Combine with the cooked grain of choice. Mix well.
- Prepare the dressing and pour over the salad. Mix until well combined.
- Serve warm or refrigerate a couple hours to let the flavors come together.
- Stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you aren’t planning on eating this salad all at once, consider leaving the dressing on the side and adding as needed to prevent sogginess!
- Serving Size: 5