Any warm drink, especially hot chocolate, always makes me feel better. Since I wasn’t feeling that great this past Friday, I drank lots of this Coconut Cinnamon Hot Chocolate, chai tea, green tea, green juice and lemon water. I felt much better the next day! I’ve also shared a few pictures of coconut hot chocolate on my instagram and have lots of comments for a recipe. Is it too late to share a hot chocolate recipe? It’s super chilly here so I’ll be drinking this for a while, but you could always sip on my Frozen Hot Chocolate if you live in a warm place 🙂
Not only do I love this easy homemade hot chocolate because it takes 5 minutes, but it also tastes so much better than the packaged powder mix. Of course as I’m sure you could have guessed, it’s much healthier too. Packed with powerful antioxidants from the raw cacao powder plus balancing cinnamon which is also an antiviral and antibiotic, as well as ultra-creamy coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk of choice), I used a blend of almond milk + coconut milk in the carton. This cup of heaven will immediately win you over!
You could even top it off with these vegan marshmallows
- 1.5 cups coconut/almond milk blend (I used the carton, not canned) (or any dairy-free milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- **1 spoonful of coconut cream (optional)
- cinnamon cacao nibs for toppings (optional)
- In a small pot, combine all ingredients except coconut cream. Bring to a light simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer to your favorite mug. Stir in coconut cream and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and cacao nibs.
- Any kind of dairy-free milk can be substituted for coconut milk.
- **For coconut cream: Refrigerate one full-fat can of coconut milk overnight. Remove from refrigerator, do not shake. Remove lid and scoop out the top mixture that looks like whipped cream. Cover the can and store back in the refrigerator for a later time.
Since I was feeling under the weather I thought I should share my tips for feeling normal again.
My TOP 10 TIPS for winter blues (and when you’re feeling sick):
1) lots and lots of warm lemon water
2) lots and lots of green juices/smoothies (plus this Golden Glow Elixir aka life juice)
3) hot liquids (green tea, chamomile tea, this hot chocolate)
4) this Cleansing Detox Soup for immunity
5) steam shower or relaxing bath with lavender epsom salt to speed up the healing process (make your own mix here)
6) light candles and listen to this ethereal music during a bath! (don’t judge…. ha I love ethereal type music)
7) cuddling with my pups
8) lots of rest and relaxation
9) movies and netflix
10) stick to whole foods, not processed!
What are your favorite feel-better natural remedies?! Hope you had a nice weekend!