Creamy Cashew Cauliflower Alfredo. Vegan, Gluten Free and ready in 30 minutes! Dreamy and luxurious white sauce that’s healthy and super easy!
- 1 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 10 ounces of pasta of your choice (I used gluten free linguini)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or refined coconut oil)
- 1/3 yellow onion, diced
- hefty pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic. minced
- 4–5 cups raw cauliflower
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 cup plain almond milk (or any plain plant milk)
- breadcrumbs & red pepper flakes, to top
- Place frozen peas in a bowl, to defrost while you cook.
- Add cashews to a glass bowl. Pour boiling water over them to soak for 10-15 minutes, to soften (could also soak them in water overnight, but this way is faster).
- Boil the water for pasta then cook, according to it’s directions.
- Add avocado oil to a large, shallow pan and heat on medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and the red pepper flakes (optional) and cook for 5 more minutes. Then stir in the cauliflower and veggie broth, and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is softened. Do not drain. Carefully transfer to a blender.
- Add in nutritional yeast, soy sauce and almond milk. Drain and rinse cashews and add those to the blender too. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste test and adjust salt, nutritional yeast, etc.
- Transfer alfredo sauce to the same shallow pan on the stove, to warm. Add in cooked pasta and defrosted green peas, and toss. Top with optional breadcrumbs and/or extra red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- *Can sub green peas for broccoli or spinach
- Serving Size: 5
Keywords: Creamy, Cashew, Cauliflower, Alfredo, Vegan, Gluten Free