There’s a old (but new) frozen ingredient in town and its changing the smoothie game forever.
This Creamy Cauliflower Coconut Smoothie is the creamiest blend of whole food goodness… you’d have no idea it was veggie based!
Yes. Cauliflower. Frozen.
The white broccoli. The pale florets that you grew up despising.
If only you had known that years later, you’d be blending up the white veggie in your morning green smoothie! I’ve been a fan of this recipe in particular for a couple months now, after seeing it all over insta. I’ve shared a few variations in my ‘What I Ate Wednesday’ posts but it deserves its own standout post because its THAT good.
Lightly sweetened, mostly vegetables, so dreamy and totally balanced.
Cauliflower has a pale white coloring but don’t be fooled by it’s lack of pigment! This doesn’t mean cauliflower is lacking in nutrients; its packed with goodness and resides in the same cruciferous family as broccoli, kale, cabbage and brussels sprouts.
High in phytochemicals, vitamin C and vitamin K amongst many other heart-healthy, disease-fighting nutrients, cauliflower is low in calories yet high in fiber. This means it adds volume to a meal, providing that full and satisfied sensation, while also keeping things moving in the digestion department. Like brussels sprouts, it has sulfur compounds which fight acne and protect the delicate retinol tissues in our eyes.
Hail to the cauliflower!
Is it easy on digestion?
You can lightly steam the cauliflower before freezing it as some people say that’s easier on digestion but I find the raw and frozen cauliflower works just fine for me! I either buy a head of cauliflower and chop it up, then divide it into plastic bags to freeze or buy a bag of frozen cauliflower and take it out as needed. Either way works so if you have a hard time digesting raw cauliflower then I suggest steaming it before freezing it.
Does it have to be frozen?
You know how frozen bananas turn the consistency of your smoothie into the creamiest, dreamiest and thickest blend ever? Well cauliflower does the same thing so yes, I highly suggest freezing it so you don’t have to add ice to make it thick and cold.
What I used:
- this Vega Protein and Greens powder in Vanilla flavor
- this Raw Reserve greens powder (optional)
- this coconut butter (for good fats and to keep you fuller for longer!)
- this high speed blender(changed my life! best investment ever. read more about why I love this blender here)
- this weck jar which I absolutely love
Creamy Cauliflower Coconut Smoothie. Vegan, Dairy Free! Dreamy, creamy, balanced and clean! This smoothie is filled with all the veggie goodness, healthy fats & plant protein!
- 2 handfuls kale (or spinach)
- 1.5 cups frozen cauliflower
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (or almond butter or hemp seeds)
- 1 scoop plant protein (I used Vega Protein & Greens in Vanilla)
- 1 scoop greens powder (optional; I used Amazing Grass Raw Reserve powder)
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy and dreamy!
- Top with fresh fruit and/or granola.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: vegan cauliflower smoothie, vegan smoothie with cauliflower, healthy smoothie with cauliflower, creamy, cauliflower, vegan, smoothie, coconut, dairy free, hormone balancing