Since the release of my Hormone Healing Plant Based Plan last Monday, my body needs all the nourishing foods it can get – hence this Creamy Green Goddess Vegan Soup!
The release took a lot out of me you guys! There’s SO many tech-y things that come up before a major release which means I’m usually crying at least once per day near the end of it, but this time I ended up crying only once, which I’m very proud of!
I think it’s all the supplements and phase-appropriate foods that are making me feel more balanced and less weepy ha! I’m sure some of you can understand the frustrations that come with setting up a product to sell online.
Anyways, now that we’re in the thick of winter, all of the soup in the world is so very necessary.
For this ‘Creamy Green Goddess Vegan Soup’, think deliciously creamy and extra cozy, with a kick of spice.
I love spicy foods in the winter because they really warm you up from the inside out! And I’m not kidding when I say I could slurp this soup everyday throughout winter.
The key to simplifying soup and making the texture silky smooth is to steam the veggies and then blend them with the other soup ingredients.
For this, instead of a high speed blender, I used the NEW Nutribullet Balance! I love it because it’s not huge and bulky like a big blender, and it’s perfect for one-serving size recipes, like this one! The coolest part about this new Nutribullet system though, is the Bluetooth-Enabled Smart Nutrition Sensor. Not only does it measure/weigh each ingredient you add into the base, it calculates out REAL-TIME nutritional information too! You can set wellness goals, eating styles and dietary restrictions and make meal planning a breeze. I’m not big on counting calories, but sometimes it’s nice to see the nutritional breakdown of fat, fiber and protein for smoothies and soups, etc.; just to have a general idea of what you are consuming.
The Nutribullet app provides yummy goal-specific recipes, while also allowing you to create your own recipes using the sensor measuring system, or by manually adding in the ingredients and amounts of each. It’s sort of revolutionary in the smoothie-making game, no?! I think it would make the perfect health-savvy gift!! I chose to make my own soup, but there are plenty of yummy soup recipes available on the Nutribullet app!
Here’s a breakdown of this Creamy Green Goddess Vegan Soup:
First, you’ll steam the veggies.
Then allow them to cool, and add them to the nutrient extractor with the spices and liquids, screw on the top and blend until super smooth!
Pour into a bowl and enjoy!Print
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 3 baby carrots
- 1 slice of jalapeño, or more (to your liking)
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, until hot. Sauté the onion about 3-4 minutes. Add in the zucchini, broccoli, green peas, carrots, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir then cover to steam cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Allow veggies to cool, then transfer them to the Nutribullet base cup. Add in remaining ingredients. Screw on the blade top and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1