- 10 small ginger snap cookies (or cookie of choice)
- 12 medjool dates, soft and pitted (If dates are hard, soak in water for 30 min)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- pink sea salt (optional)
- On a plate or platter with a piece of parchment paper, lay 10 cookies, flat. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine pitted dates, water, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Blend until smooth with a thick caramel consistency. You may have to scrape down the sides at times.
- When the date caramel is ready, grab a spoon or small spatula and spoon over each cookie. Spread it out evenly so each cookie has the same amount of caramel.
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean up and start preparing chocolate chips.
- You can melt the chocolate chips in a small pan over the stove or in the microwave, which is the easiest.
- Remove cookies from freezer and pour melted chocolate over them with a spoon, it can be a little messy!
- Sprinkle a little sea salt over the chocolate (optional)
- Place back in freezer for 10-15 minutes until chocolate is hardened.
- I usually keep the cookies in the refrigerator or freezer or else the chocolate will melt after a while.