Protein-Packed Vegan Ice Cream
Chocolate Hard Shell Drizzle
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 4 ripe, frozen bananas
- handful of spinach (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1–2 scoops of your favorite protein powder (like Vega)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 dates, soft and pitted
- In a small bowl, add in cacao powder. Pour in melted coconut oil, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add in frozen bananas and milk. Process until it becomes an ice cream consistency. You may need to add more milk, be patient with this and scrape down the sides if needed.
- Add in the protein powder, cacao powder and cinnamon, process until incorporated.
- Add in the dates and pulse a few times, I like to leave some chunks of dates!
- Transfer ice cream to a bowl. Add your favorite toppings. With a spoon, drizzle the chocolate sauce over top, it will harden immediately!
- Prior to making this, make sure your bananas have been in the freezer overnight or, for at least 4-5 hours. Makes 2 small servings