- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 cup oat flour (ground oats)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax and water and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients – oat flour (blend oats in food processor to make oat flour), cacao powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients – sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, vanilla and the flax “egg” that has been thickening. Mix well and pour wet mixture over dry mixture. Mix until well combined with a spoon (the dough will be super sticky).
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Roll the cookie dough into 12 balls and then lightly flatten in your palm. Place them on a lined baking sheet. I added extra chocolate chips on the top of the cookies for looks.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 12