One food processor is all you need to whip up these Easy Vegan Almond Butter Chewy Cookies.
No hand mixing necessary. You really can’t mess them up!
Oh, and they’re super quick too.
Ten minutes to make, ten minutes to bake and by the time you’re done cleaning up, they’ll be ready!
Sometimes you need a go-to cookie recipe. For the nights when you’re lazy but also want a healthier cookie (which is me, all the time) these little cookie bombs are a late night craving come true. Made with oats, dates, almond butter, almond milk, baking powder and vanilla (and vegan chocolate chips if you want). That’s it. Easy peasy!
I’m thinking of so many variations for these now, but you can use any kind of nut butter and/or plant milk you have on hand because this recipe is forgiving that way. You could also add in dried cherries or cranberries or nuts… anything goes. Since I don’t know a cookie without chocolate chips, that’s what I used ha.
I’ve made them with almond butter/almond milk and cashew butter/cashew milk. I prefer the almond variety but both were just sweet enough to satisfy a sweet craving and had just enough chocolate to keep me sane. For anyone with a nut allergy, I recommend sunflower seed butter.
Instead of maple syrup or coconut sugar, we’re using gooey medjool dates to sweeten them naturally! Dates are magical like that.
First, blend up the oats into a flour. Add in the gooey dates (soak them in hot water for 10 minutes if they aren’t soft) and almond butter. Pulse until the dates are blended, then add in the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips; I only added those on top of each cookie) and blend until sticky and the mixture forms into a ball in the food processor.
Using two tablespoons of cookie mixture, roll into balls and press flat. Then add three vegan chocolate chips on top and bake for 10 minutes!
Let cool and devour 🙂
- 1 1/4 cup oats (any kind will work; I used gluten free oats)
- 10 gooey medjool dates (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or any nut butter; make sure it’s runny and more liquid-y)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any plant milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vegan chocolate chips, to top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend up the oats into a flour. Add in the gooey dates (soak them in hot water for 10 minutes if they aren’t soft) and almond butter. Pulse until the dates are blended, then add in the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips; I only added those on top of each cookie). Pulse/blend until the mixture is sticky and forms into a ball in the food processor.
- Using two tablespoons of cookie mixture, roll into balls and lightly press flat with a flat wooden spoon (makes 10-12 cookies). Then add three chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes! Let cool for 5 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
I love seeing your creations! Let me know how you like this cookie recipe in the comments below or snap a pic on instagram with the hashtag #theglowingfridge! I love scrolling through your creations. You can also tag me in your pics on Facebook.