- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil; if you cook with oil)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, florets
- 1 small head of broccoli florets (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (or fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
For Serving (optional)
- green onion
- fresh lemon juice
- sesame seeds
- red pepper flakes
- Start by cooking the brown rice according to the directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the veggie broth in a large saucepan or pot to medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until transluscent. 3-4 minutes. Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Next stir in the ginger and red curry paste then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli and edamame. Cover with lid and let steam about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a splash more of veggie broth/water as needed, if you feel like its getting dry.
- Now pour in the can of coconut milk, 1/2 cup veggie broth, soy sauce, coconut sugar, Sriracha, curry powder, turmeric and garam masala. Stir until well combined. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer about 8-10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with optional toppings.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Freezes well too!
- Serving Size: 4