- 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled gluten-free oats)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (ground buckwheat groats)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or more, depending on your consistency preference)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Peanut Butter Syrup
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat a large skillet/pan over medium heat. (Should be hot enough to hear that sizzle sound when your pour the pancake batter onto the skillet)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix. Add in all the wet ingredients and whisk together until all clumps are gone (you could mix the wet ingredients separately in a bowl and then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture if you want but I used one big bowl!)
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto hot skillet.
- Scoop out pancake batter (about 1/4 cup) and spread out in a circle on the skillet. I did one at a time because my skillet is small. Wait until bubbles are forming and flip the pancake. Cook for a couple more minutes, until golden.
- Spray skillet again with cooking spray and repeat for the rest of the pancakes. Makes about 8 pancakes.
- While pancakes are cooking, you can prepare the peanut butter syrup.
- Add all syrup ingredients to a small bowl and slowly stir until all liquids mesh together to form the syrup.
- Pour syrup over pancakes along with your favorite toppings!
- Serving Size: 4