- 1 cup Village Harvest black rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil, if you cook with oil)
- 1/3 of a white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 3–4 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1–2 cups fresh greens (spinach, kale etc.)
- sesame seeds for topping
Lemon Ginger Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- fresh juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1–2 tablespoons warm water to thin (only if needed)
- Combine 1 cup of Village Harvest Black Rice with 1¾ cups water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- In a separate fry pan, heat the vegetable broth (or oil) on medium-high heat and sauté the onion with garlic for about 4 minutes or until transluscent. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix in the edamame, carrots and zucchini and mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium and sauté about 7-8 minutes or until carrots are softened. Add in the purple cabbage last and cook about 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the Lemon Ginger Tahini Sauce, adding the water only if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Add 1 cup of cooked black rice to a bowl with 1-2 cups of your favorite greens and the desired amount of sautéed veggies over top. Drizzle with the tahini sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 2