Mini Chocolate Vegan Donuts drizzled with a Coconut Glaze and Sprinkled with Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup warm almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (or any nut milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray your donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients onto dry and mix well. The mixture is pretty thick.
- Scoop mixture into your donut pan or roll into small balls with your hands and place on baking sheet. (Makes about 12 donut holes)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Optional: If you don’t have a donut pan, you can create your own donut hole in the center with the end of a skinny wooden spoon. You need to do this as soon as the donuts come out of the oven.
- While donuts are baking, prepare the coconut glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk and mix until smooth and creamy.
- After donuts have cooled about 5-10 minutes, drizzle the glaze over the donuts with a spoon or piping bag and then top with shredded coconut.