Lean, clean and green.
That’s what this Green Goddess Glow Bowl is all about. The best part about it?
20 minutes is all it takes. We need all the quick, healthy and green recipes we can get right?! With quinoa, kale, zucchini, edamame and a oil-free creamy tahini lemon dressing, your body will love this wholesome green goodness. You will feel nourished, energized, light and glowing – the way every recipe should make you feel.
Have you tried my popular Sesame Kale Glow Bowl or my colorful Kale Glow Bowl with pumpkin dressing? This goddess bowl fits right in. I’m realizing all of my Glow Bowl recipes have a theme; they all have kale, they all take less than 20 minutes and they’re all glowing with health 🙂
Quinoa and kale seem to be the front-runners for so many healthy recipes – and for good reason. For plant based vegans, quinoa is one of the best options for a complete plant protein with all the amino acids (9g protein for 1 cup), plus it’s naturally gluten free. A leafy green like kale provides a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, plant protein and fiber – all essential for radiant skin and health. I love zucchini because of it’s low calorie, high vitamin and high water content. Edamame is one of my favorite ways to add essential nutrients plus extra plant protein to a meal with a whopping 13g of protein for 1/2 cup! Lentils are a perfect substitute for edamame if you need a replacement in this dish.
The deliciously creamy + simple dressing is made with tahini, fresh lemon juice plus a little maple syrup which complement all of the flavors perfectly and add that nice savory element. You can buy my favorite organic tahini here. This recipe makes the perfect amount for 2 servings.
Creating bright and beautiful recipes is a way for me to express my love for art and color. I’ve been an artist since I was little; painting abstract, bright, uplifting and vibrant pieces. The walls in my house and my parents house are filled with my paintings! While I’m not painting at this time in my life, I plan to bring out my paint brushes again when the time is right because I miss it so much. So for now, I can release my creative and artistic side by creating nourishing recipes like these, styling and designing the food backgrounds and photographing the shots, which I love. Photography has opened up a whole new artistic side for me – it’s something I was never into until I started blogging and realized how important the pictures are. That perfect shot is worth everything and makes all the difference, even if it occasionally takes 2 hours and a zillion different angles for me to capture it 🙂 I’m learning and improving everyday!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (I used tricolor quinoa)
- 2 cups water (or vegetable broth for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil, if you cook with oil)
- 1/3 of an onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Tahini Lemon Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- sea salt, to taste
- In a medium sized pot, add quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable broth (or oil; I no longer cook with oil) and sauté the onions with the garlic for 2 minutes. Add the frozen edamame and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the kale last and cook about 1 minute until softened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn off heat.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by adding all of the ingredients and whisking until smooth.
- Scoop the quinoa into a bowl, top with the vegetable mixture and drizzle on the dressing.
- Leftovers stay well in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 2
This past week, I’ve been pinning lots of artsy inspiration as well as recipes, tons of new summer boho hippie outfits and to-die-for bikinis – in preparation for spring and summer! I’m workin on my pinterest game. Check out my pinterest page here and follow along for everything I’m loving – I can’t stop pinning… it’s too good.