Healing Chickpea Noodle Soup. Vegan, Gluten Free, High Protein. A restorative, simple, nourishing soup for fall or winter with cleansing veggies and herbs, and lots of lemon!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2–3 large carrots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 celery stalks, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional; or more to taste)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup uncooked chickpea pasta (optional; see substitutes below)*
- 2 cups kale or spinach
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot, heat avocado oil on medium heat.
- Add in the onion (plus an extra pinch of sea salt) and sauté for about 5 minutes. Then add in the carrots and celery and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, sea salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, turmeric and cayenne. Stir and cook about 2 minutes, then add in the vegetable broth, chickpeas and frozen peas. Bring to a slow boil and add the chickpea pasta (you can also cook the chickpea pasta separately and scoop it into each bowl before serving; this prevents the pasta from getting mushy if you plan to have leftovers).
- Slow boil for 7-8 minutes, then turn off heat. Stir in the kale and lemon.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 4 days and in the freezer up to 3 months.
- *Can sub the chickpea pasta for quinoa, brown rice, extra chickpeas, or any variety of pasta noodle
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: chickpea noodle soup, vegan soup, cleansing, vegan chicken noodle soup, Healing, Chickpea, Noodle, Soup, Vegan, Gluten Free, High Protein, Restorative, simple, nourishing, fall soup, winter, cleansing, veggies, herbs, vegan soup for when you're sick