Healthy Chocolate Breakfast Cup! Vegan and Gluten Free. The most scrumptious chocolate-for-breakfast recipe that is filled with protein, healthy fat and fiber to keep you feeling balanced, full and energized!
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons plant based chocolate protein powder (or vanilla works too)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (add 2–3 tablespoons extra if refrigerating overnight)
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or agave)
- small handful of cacao nibs for chocolate crunch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- In a small mason jar (or weck jar) combine all dry ingredients first – chia seeds, protein powder, cacao powder and cinnamon. Stir until well combined, then add in the almond milk and maple syrup and stir until very well combined. Set aside for 1-2 minutes and stir again. You can add the optional cacao nibs and almond butter now or later when it’s ready to eat; it really doesn’t matter. I usually add them later, after it has been refrigerated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set, or overnight.
- Stir once again before eating.
- I’m usually impatient and make mine the morning of, but making it the night before may work better for you and for that I say add 2-3 tablespoons extra almond milk, if refrigerating overnight. Also, make multiple batches at a time, to save time in the morning!
- Serving Size: 1