EEEK! Finally sharing the news that we’re having a baby in May 2021!
Keeping this teeny secret has been hard for the past 14 weeks but it feels so good to share the baby news! I’m beyond thrilled and feel like my life’s purpose is to be a mama. Being pregnant is truly a gift and magical little miracle.
Just know I am so grateful and am very aware that pregnancy doesn’t come easy for everyone. I’m always thinking of them. I’m also working on a blog post for prepping your fertility that I hope will be helpful because I’ve been preparing my body the past 2-3 years! And let me tell you, it hasn’t been an easy road but I think it increased my chances of getting pregnant. So be on the lookout for that.
I found out I was pregnant labor day weekend, on September 6th. I was in complete shock for about 4 hours before it really set in! Terry was out fishing when I took 3 different tests. For some reason, I had it in my mind that it wasn’t my time to be pregnant yet. I had just started my new protocol from Emily (my practitioner) and thought my time will come but it’s not time yet because I still have some detoxing to do. But I guess my body was ready!! I told Terry that night and will share his reaction in a Youtube video soon but he was also in shock!!
The first trimester was pretty rough. I did not feel like myself at all! So unproductive, I hardly got anything done. I felt constantly fatigued, nauseous and experienced lots of food aversions. I was also starving. My boobs have grown a whole cup size and were extremely sore. Such was a wild ride! I’ll share all my notes from my phone with my weekly symptoms below, but my symptoms ended at 12 weeks (aside from fatigue which comes and goes).
For the first 12 weeks king coffee tasted SO DIFFERENT. IT WAS AWFUL. I still drank it everyday even though it tasted different. So glad that has passed because now it tastes amazing again! I’m only drinking 1-2 packets per day.
But I’m feeling SO MUCH BETTER now that I’m in the second trimester, and my bump is growing. As of today, baby is the size of a naval orange already! It’s magical.
My First Trimester Pregnancy Symptoms:
- Bad cramping all over abdomen in the morning, worse than period cramps, sharp twinges, pulling apart sensation?
- Fatigue, must take a daily nap?
- Peeing a lot
- Slight nausea
- Mild nausea
- Intense sense of smell, really sensitive to perfumes and strong smells?
- Low back pain?
- Mild cramps
- No food sounds good at all except crackers and fast food french fries and a good veggie burger with all the fixings… but at the same time, some foods tastes so good like the best meal I?ve ever had… so weird!
Week 8 & 9
- Made myself sick with anxiety from getting weighed at my appointment… I totally lost my sanity and old disordered thoughts started popping in my head
- The hardest, worst week yet
- Someone in my family made a comment about my weight and I cried the whole week
- Not feeling like myself
- Nipples hurt SO bad on one day, felt like they were bleeding or cut up
- not many symptoms this week except fatigue
- Nausea came back
- Mild cramping
- King coffee still does not taste the best but I drink it anyway for #health along with my mycelium, lucidum and spore capsules
- Still peeing every 5 minutes
- Happier mood
- Boobs not as sore
- Nausea gone
- Sleeping like a rock
Those are all the symptoms I have from the first trimester! My sense of smell is still super intense and I’m extremely sensitive to fragrances from plug-ins and cleaning products, which is a good thing I think! The body knows. Lots more to come but I hope you found this little recap from the first trimester helpful. Now I’m just waiting to find out the gender!