For the bowl
- 2–3 cups kale, de-stemmed
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 7 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1–2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin/pepita seeds (or sunflower seeds etc.)
For the Pumpkin Dressing
- 1/4 cup puréed pumpkin (not the pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine kale and fresh lemon juice, making sure all the leaves are covered. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the lemon juice to soften the kale.
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Start to assemble your glow bowl. Add the cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, red onion, brown rice/quinoa and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour desired amount of pumpkin dressing over salad and mix well.
- Makes 1 large serving or 2 small. I also think raisins would add a nice touch of sweetness to this yummy bowl!
- Any leftover dressing is good in the fridge for up to a week.