- 1 head cauliflower, florets (about 4–5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil (or 1/4 cup vegetable broth/water for oil-free)
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and torn to pieces
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas; or sunflower seeds)
- optional add-ins: 1 cup cooked quinoa, chickpeas or lentils
Simple Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, or more as needed (to desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or agave)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and nonstick spray.
- Toss cauliflower florets in a bowl with oil or broth, sea salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until soft, golden and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, assemble kale, cabbage, raisins, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for tahini dressing, until smooth and creamy. Toss with the salad until dressing is well combined!
- When cauliflower is ready, add to the salad, gently toss and serve.
- * Keep dressing separate from salad if you plan on having leftovers.
- ** Refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 4