- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or agave/brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- extra coconut for rolling in
- In a food processor, blend all the dry ingredients until well combined and oats are chopped up.
- Add in the wet ingredients and pulse until it forms into a sticky dough.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and form/roll into 12 balls. You have to work the mixture and flatten it out in your hand a few times before trying to roll it but the mixture it sticky and holds well after flattening it out a few times!
- Roll in extra coconut if you want.
- Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.