The easiest and most delicious vegan replacement for tuna or chicken salad! It makes for the perfect lunch, and was made for meal prepping!
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped small
- 1/3 of a small apple, chopped small
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped small
- 1/2 cup kale, de-stemmed and torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2–3 heaping tablespoons of dijon, more as needed (I used a mix of spicy dijon with stone-ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- fresh juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1.5 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- sea salt salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse carrot until shredded and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chickpeas to food processor and pulse a few times until blended, but still with chunks for texture (You can also mash them in a bowl with a potato masher).
- Transfer to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Taste test and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- I doubled the recipe in the pictures for extra leftovers.
- You can sub any mustard you like, or even use vegan mayo if you like.
- Adjust the lemon juice to your liking (sometimes less is more with lemon juice).
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: vegan chickpea salad, vegan tuna salad, vegan chicken salad, chickpea mashed salad, mashed chickpea salad