Vegan Superfood Packed Ice Cream
- 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1/2 tablespoon turbinado sugar (any sugar is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 frozen, ripe, sliced bananas
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used an almond/coconut milk blend)
- 1.5 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (coconut sugar fine too)
- pineapple chunks or your favorite fruit (optional)
- In a small bowl, prepare the coconut whipped cream. Remove coconut milk can from refrigerator and remove top. While in the fridge, the milk separated from the water on the bottom. We will only be using the white creamy part on the top. Save the coconut water on the bottom for a smoothie! Scoop out the white part into a medium-sized bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla and whisk until smooth and creamy like whipped cream. (You can also use a hand blender) Can be placed back in refrigerator, covered, until the nice cream is ready.
- In a food processor, add frozen banana slices and milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add in matcha powder (adjust to taste, if needed) and sugar and blend until powder is thoroughly mixed in. Scoop into mason jar or bowl.
- Remove coconut whip from refrigerator and layer on top. Layer on pineapple chunks.