LOVE is in the air, with Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.
I’m all for celebrating love.
It’s a flirty excuse to go out to dinner (or make dinner at home!) but I think it should be celebrated all throughout the year (hey, a girl can dream LOL). Not sure what we’re doing yet for V-Day but I imagine something low-key aka Terry will probably kick my butt in the gym since that has become our thing that we do together and then we’ll either get dinner or I’ll make a vegan dinner?!! Even though he’s not vegan, he’s liked all of my vegan creations so far ha.
As long as there’s chocolate involved, I’m a happy girl. Most non-vegans are surprised that I can eat chocolate so for anyone who is confused, chocolate can be made WITHOUT milk. THANK GOD.
Usually, this means it has to be dark chocolate and all you need to do is read the ingredients to be sure there are no milk products. It’s quite simple, but be sure to read the ingredients because not all dark chocolate is created equal… Trader Joe’s has plenty of vegan chocolate bars that are amazing but most grocery stores will carry them as well.
If you follow me on snapchat (under glowingfridge, come hang) you would have seen the chocolate mess perfection of these little v-day inspired treats. I had so much fun shooting these!! Side note: who else is totally crazy for snapchat?! Lots of day-to-day realness going on there and behind the scenes fun (and of course Taz being the goofball chihuahua that he is).
Anyways, I figured you’ve probably been scrolling Pinterest for some sweet treats to make for this year’s lovey-dovey holiday.
I must say, this is the easiest dessert you’ll make all year. No joke. So make your guy (or girl) these Mixed Berry Chocolate Clusters and they will love you for it. In my mind, they’re semi-healthy (fresh berries, duh) and juicy and chocolatey all at the same time.
Plus, they’re homemade and not processed, and chocolate and berries just go together.
YUM. How gorgeous are these berries though?
First, choose any kind of berry you like. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries – even pomegranate seeds.
Then do this:
- Put mixed berries in a bowl.
- Melt vegan chocolate chips (like these).
- Pour creamy melted chocolate perfection over the berries.
- Mix it up.
- Spoon out clusters and freeze for 30 minutes.
Literally that’s all you do. And you’re left with beautiful Mixed Berry Chocolate Clusters.
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (like the Enjoy Life brand)
- 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, chopped strawberries or blackberries)
- pomegranate seeds
- crushed almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Wash all berries and then dry them with a paper towel. Add to a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Pour melted chocolate over berries and mix until all berries are coated.
- Using a big spoon, scoop out a cluster and gently place it on a lined baking sheet or plate. Makes about 12 clusters.
- Freeze clusters for about 30 minutes. Keep leftovers covered and refrigerated (for about a week) or in the freezer to keep longer.
Hope you get to try these sweet little treats!