Brownie Crust Layer
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats (or oat flour)
- 1 cup gooey medjool dates (soak in hot water for 10 minutes if they’re not soft)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons carob powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon raw maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 2 very ripe and spotty bananas
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or any other sticky sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips, for topping
- Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the rolled oats until fine like a flour, unless using oat flour. Add in the rest of the ingredients for the Brownie Crust Layer and process until well combined and mixture clumps together in one ball. Transfer the crust mixture to a lined loaf pan and press down until even. Set aside.
- Now add all ingredients for the Chocolate Fudge Layer into the food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture over the crust, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
- Sprinkle vegan chocolate chips on top.
- Freeze for about 4 hours until firm. Cut into pieces and freeze again for 20-30 minutes to firm up more and prevent melting – if you can wait that long!
- Store leftovers in the freezer, covered.