A much needed update on my parasite situation!
It’s been 4 months since I started the protocol and all I can say is wow. WOW. Wow. I feel like a new person. Never in a million years did I think I would be blogging about this but I have become so passionate on the topic and have no shame about it. I don’t care what people think and whether or not they believe me or think I’m totally nuts because of how much better I feel, and no one can take that away from me. I didn’t even know how bad I was suffering until I found myself on the other side, until I could look back on how far I’ve come and how my life has changed.
Not to be dramatic but this has been a drastic improvement for not only my internal health but also my mental and emotional health. I’m not free of parasites yet because I’m still eliminating them on the daily, but I truly feel like a new person. It’s clear as day now… once you start eliminating these critters that are stealing your happiness, your body rewards you with a newfound energy, a new pep in your step, a new appreciation for good health. I can’t say enough good things about doing a parasite cleanse and I think EVERYONE should do one, especially before trying to conceive so you don’t pass them along to your baby. It’s only helpful and not harmful in any way. Why would it be harmful? You are getting rid of bugs and worms and creatures that don’t need to be in your body. IT’S A GOOD THING and not something to be scared of!!! It boggles my mind when people are worried or question it.
I have a long way to go but I’m more motivated than ever because it feels so damn good to clear things out and heal the gut. I’m beyond thankful that this happened to me and that I found what was causing my severe bloating and stomach issues and inability to lose weight.
What I’ve Learned:
I’ve joined parasite support groups on facebook and have learned how many other thousands of people are truly suffering like I was, with mysterious illnesses, viruses, infections and stomach issues that have stayed with them for years. It was only until they did a parasite cleanse did it clear up whatever ailment they were dealing with whether it was chronic headaches, joint pain, UTI’s, yeast infections, food sensitivities or allergies, fatigue, depression, the list goes on and on. I’ve learned that conventional doctors don’t believe people, even when they bring in the worms they’ve eliminated to their appointment, and most doctors tell them to visit a psychiatrist. I’ve learned that the testing for parasites is unreliable garbage and is not worth your time or money, and usually comes back negative even though 80% of people have parasites. The testing is not yet to the level it needs to be because we haven’t yet discovered how many various parasites there are (hint: there’s a lot). Also, the conventional medical world doesn’t even believe they exist which also boggles my mind. Maybe they don’t want us to get better? Maybe they want everyone to end up on medication? Just a thought… ;).
I’ve learned that third world countries regularly de-worm their bodies and it is a regular medical protocol but somehow that hasn’t translated in the states (even though we de-worm our pets). I’ve listened to countless podcasts and interviews with Dr. Todd Watts and Dr. Jay Davidson who are the co-founders of Microbe Formulas and have taught me SO much about gut health, parasites and viruses. They truly are leading the way and have helped hundreds of thousands of people take back their health and their lives. They are so knowledgable and helpful.
I’ve learned that this whole process is not for the faint of heart because it takes persistence and consistency for months and months and months. There are really hard days and really good days. You can’t give up. I’ve learned that the die-off (herxing) is intense and painful and difficult, but so, so worth it. I even broke out in a rash on my stomach that looked like psoriasis for a couple days and then passed a 16-inch worm and the rash cleared up almost immediately. Something I don’t really talk about is when I get headaches, fevers, night sweats, fatigue, intense brain fog, earaches, bloating, hair loss, sore throat, flu-like symptoms and anger… but when this happens, I know I am about to pass some kind of parasite and I’m thankful for all of it. It passes and then I feel even better than I did before and take on a new normal. The hair loss is usually due to heavy metal toxicity from the parasites dying. I’m not worried about it because I know it’s apart of the healing process.
I’ve learned that parasites are way more active around the full moon, and this is a great time to double up on your protocol and really go after them! All I have to say is wow, yet again, at what kind of creatures can be living inside us. It will send goosebumps up your spine. I would share pictures but decided not to because you can easily google pictures of human parasites and see for yourself.
I’ve learned to trust my body! Wow it is absolutely amazing and I have nothing to worry about. The symptoms don’t worry me because my body is a machine. It’s much smarter than I am and is doing all the hard work. All I have to do is support it as best I can with healthy food, exercise and detox protocols. I’m way more easy-going now which I’m very grateful for. Life is better when you know everything is working out for you, not against you. This all happened for me to improve my health and prepare my body for bringing a healthy baby into the world. Lastly, I’ve learned that food is not enough. Food is not always medicine when you are as sick as I was. Food is supportive nourishment. It will move things along and yes, it’s super important and essential for elimination but it will not clear out all the parasites. You need something stronger. You need a protocol and a plan.
The Improvements I’ve Seen:
Now that I’ve eliminated hundreds upon hundreds of parasites (maybe even thousands), I think it’s time to share how my life has changed. And yes I was counting but it was too many. to keep track of. I lost track at #360. Also, 70% of parasites are microscopic… so I’ve only seen a small amount of them with my eyes. Yes you have to dig around in your poop but nothing phases me anymore. How else will you see what is coming out of you??! Okay, onto the improvements!
- Increased Energy. This is the biggest improvement I’ve noticed. Some days are hard but most days, I am more energized than ever which means I am more productive and motivated!
- Happier mood. The second biggest improvement. I’m less nervous and anxious. I’m hopeful and excited about life. I laugh a lot more. I smile a lot more. I have a positive attitude and am far less negative. I want to enjoy life. I wake up happy! This is something I only noticed after the fact. I can’t believe how negative I could be before.
- My stomach is flat as can be! It no longer protrudes or feels distended. When I would poke my stomach, it used to feel like I was poking a balloon, but now it feels flat. The intense pressure is gone. This means I have lost 2-3 inches on my waist! I will share a before and after photo eventually, I promise.
- Food sensitivities have vanished, gone, goodbye. I can eat what I want without worrying about how it will hurt or upset my stomach. Beans, sweet potatoes and some fruits used to give me a hard time, but not anymore.
- Skin health has drastically improved. The texture is smoother, it’s less sensitive, I don’t burn as much in the sun anymore. It feels stronger.
- More restful sleep. I sleep like a baby now! I fall asleep fast which is something I used to struggle with (parasites are most active at night). I can sleep for 8 hours no problem and wake up feeling well-rested, for the first time ever, maybe?! It’s truly amazing.
- Better breath. I chew way less gum now because my breath is better and the taste in my mouth is better, if that makes sense. I’m not constantly reaching for gum out of fear of bad breath!
- Less body odor. I don’t smell as much as I used to haha, which is weird to say but my armpits used to get really smelly. Now, I hardly notice any smell whatsoever. This is because much of the toxicity is gone!
- Weight loss. When I first started the protocol I gained some weight (about 7 pounds). This is common but it is now finally starting to come off and I know this means I am healing.
- Under-eye circles have drastically improved. When I think back, I used to have purple under-eye bags, so bad that sometimes it would look like bruises, like I got punched in the face. These have basically vanished which makes me happy!
- My gut feels happy and content. This is harder to explain until you experience it yourself, but you just know when your stomach and gut are feeling good. You are not your best self if your stomach is a wreck! I feel light on my feet, almost weightless. I can accomplish anything! It’s a pretty great feeling, something I haven’t felt in a long time.
- I go to the bathroom 3 times per day, compared to the usual one time per day. I feel so much better this way! The doctors say the goal is pooping 2-3 times per day. If you are only going once per day, you are constipated. So basically, I’ve been constipated my entire life, until now. Whew! If you are constipated, try their Intestinal Mover product, and start working on your gut health, which I talk about in this post.
How my protocol has changed:
I’ve added in/changed a few things from my original protocol, but for the most part, it’s stayed the same because it’s working! FYI – ordering the products from the actual Microbe Formulas website is usually cheaper than Amazon. Sign up for the detox points to save some money as they don’t have coupon codes.
Formula One: This is another parasite product to kill them off! It’s also systemic and gets rid of parasites and other bugs that the mimosa pudica can not reach. Formula 1 is comprised of Neem, Vidanga, Triphala and more – these are popular herbs for immune and digestive support, and man are they powerful! The second day I took it, I noticed some really weird stuff in the toilet… and I felt it working immediately. It has some bioactive carbon too, to help with die-off.. I take two in the morning and two at night, at the same time as the Mimosa Pudica (on an empty stomach). If you want to read more about it, click here! I highly recommend pairing it with the Mimosa Pudica!
Bio Active Carbon Biotox: This carbon is far more beneficial than regular activated charcoal which doesn’t always bind to the toxins that it needs to. I switched from activated charcoal to this binder and the first day I got an insane headache/pain in the middle of my brain but the next day passed a big worm and haven’t one symptom since! Once I added this in, I don’t experience as much die-off symptoms as I used to, either. It’s quite remarkable! I take one capsule 3 hours after I wake up and another before dinner. You can take it with food but not with other supplements because it’s a binder. Description from the website: When you want maximum toxin chelation, choose BioActive Carbon BioTox. With its optimized binding ability, BioTox supports your fight against biotoxins like mold, ammonia, sulfur, Candida, and fungal toxins. It is also beneficial for supporting the removal of both bacterial and viral by-products. To top it off, it aides in balancing the microbiome in your gut for optimal gut health. *After this bottle, I am moving to the BioActive Carbon Foundation to work on heavy metals and chemicals!
Mineral drops instead of electrolytes: I loved the electrolytes but it makes sense that I take the mineral drops because they are electrolytes, but with all the naturally-occurring minerals (there are 72 in these drops) which makes a lot more sense! Your body will absorb what it needs. I add 1/2 teaspoon of the drops into my morning lemon water and I love how they make me feel. Our bodies are electrically charged. Minerals are high energy and “charge” your cells. There are exchanges that happen within our cells and membranes, and these happen through charges so if you don’t have high energy cells, it’s hard to get nutrients and such into the cell for energy. Minerals are the building blocks to repair the body and wow, was I depleted of them! They reduce oxidative stress, they bind free radicals, they help with glutathione production, etc. They are absolutely essential for any healing journey, and just for daily energy and health!!
Common Questions I’ve Gotten:
Why not take a medication?
Because the meds can only do so much. They only kill one life cycle of parasites and if you didn’t know, they lay eggs so every 30 days those eggs hatch which is why the process takes so long. There are many layers to these bugs because they hide in the biofilm in your intestines so they will keep popping up for months after and your symptoms will come back if you only do one round of medication. Also, I don’t like or take medication, personally. I would much rather go the herbal route that has been used for decades in other parts of the world. Even if you take medication, you will have to do herbals after because you will not kill them all, sorry! I wish it were easier but it is not a one-and-done process. It’s a lengthy one that can take up to a year, sometimes longer. But it’s worth it to have your life back, no?
How Do I Know If I have parasites?
Dr. Jay Davidson says if you have a heartbeat, you have them. He has never encountered someone who didn’t have them and he’s helped thousands of people.