- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice crisp cereal
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1–2 teaspoons water, to thin, if needed
- Line an 9×9 square pan with parchment or wax paper.**
- Place the brown rice syrup and maple syrup in a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring often, being careful not to burn.
- Turn off heat and whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla, until smooth.
- Stir in the rice crisp cereal until thoroughly combined (can also mix in a large bowl, which I find to be easier. Simply add rice crisps to a large bowl and stir in the liquid until well combined.
- Scoop into pan and spread out evenly. Press down with lightly wet fingers or a spatula. Place in freezer to set for 10 minutes while you make the Peanut Butter Drizzle.
- In a separate small microwaveable bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup. Microwave in 30 second intervals just to warm, for easier mixing. Add 1 teaspoon water at a time, if needed. Mix until super smooth!
- Remove krispies from freezer and drizzle on the peanut butter. Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes or until firm. Slice into squares.
- Bars will hold their shape quite well at room temperature, but they can be stored in the fridge too. Wrap up leftovers and store in the fridge for 5 to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- These get even better the next day, enjoy!
- *Can sub peanut butter for almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- **An 8×8 square pan is fine too; they will just be a little thicker!