Toasty slices of bread smeared with mashed avocado makes for some kind of toast magic.
Being that it’s versatile, nourishing and undeniably satisfying, it’s easy to understand how avocado toast has become such a craze.
Super simple? Gourmet fancy? Spicy? Sweet? Savory? You name it. It’s possible.
You’ve probably heard of avocado toast before as the concept is nothing new and the internet/social media is flooded with amazing toast combinations of all kinds BUT since I’ve been making this special toast like crazy, instincts told me it was time to share my go-to Quick and Easy Avocado Toast, because why not?! With the extra counter space I now have in my new apartment, I finally added a toaster to my appliance collection, which is why I’ve been making toast on the daily (was very tempted to grab this pink retro toaster). How I lived without a toaster for so long, I have no idea.
If you have yet to try avocado toast, this is your sign to get on it! Warm and crunchy toasted bread with the creamiest mashed avocado, decorated with whatever toppings your heart desires. It’s the best. While smoothies always have their time and place for morning nourishment, avocado toast is quickly becoming my newest breakfast obsession (don’t get me wrong though, I love it for a good snack too). Transform a couple pieces of toast into a gorgeous meal or keep it simple for a quick bite. The possibilities are endless.
Here are some ‘Avocado Toast’ ideas:
Keep it simple:
- leave it plain and let the avocado be the star
- sprinkle with hemp seeds, black pepper and a pinch of pink sea salt
- dial it up with hot sauce, sriracha or crushed red pepper flakes
- squeeze some fresh lemon juice wedges
Make it fancy:
- slice up juicy tomato, strawberries, mango or pineapple
- get in more veggies with sliced bell pepper or cucumber
- make it savory with sliced green olives
- top with chickpeas and fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, etc)
- top with black beans and salsa
- garnish with micro greens or sprouts
- drizzle with a balsamic glaze, fresh lemon or lime juice
I tend to keep it simple and feel like avocado toast is meant for those times when you need something quick, but don’t be afraid to jazz it up and get creative. I love some micro greens if I have them, a good sprinkle of hemp seeds and just enough crushed red pepper flakes for a spicy kick. Today I added cucumber slices on one piece for extra crunch, but that’s it! I use the original ezekiel bread by Food For Life (check them out!) because it’s sprouted to maximize nutrition and digestibility (they also have gluten free options). You can find it in the frozen section of most grocery stores but feel free to use any kind of bread that you want.
The easiest, dreamiest, toastiest meal or snack, in less than 5 minutes.
Quick & Easy Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of toasted Ezekial bread (or any kind of bread)
- 1/2–1 ripe avocado, depending on the size
- small handful micro greens
- 3 slices of cucumber, halved
- sprinkling of hemp seeds
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- spritz of fresh lemon juice
- Spoon out the avocado on each piece of toast and lightly mash with a fork, spoon or knife.
- Use as much or as little avocado as you prefer. Sometimes I use 1/2 avocado split between 2 pieces, sometimes I use 1/2 avocado on each piece. Just depends on the size.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings.
- **Read through post for more topping ideas – simple and fancy!
What’s your favorite Avocado Toast topping or combination?! Leave me a comment below, I love new ideas!!
Young Heaven – Naked Teens & Young Porn Pictures
ov adult porn video fat young girls video porn old couples porn photos your amature porns free online soft porn movies
Thank you for the info! I have been wanting to try avocado toast since I heard Oprah talking about it. I will have to look into the ezekial bread…is it wheat free?
I love avocado toast! My favorite toppings are: nutritional yeast, lemon juice, Maldon flaky sea salt and the most important, Aleppo pepper flakes. Yum!
That combo sounds amazing 🙂 need to try nutritional yeast!
Looks so delicious! I never thought to add cucumber – great idea. I like to try to get in some cucumbers every now and again as I know I don’t drink enough water and they’re very hydrating. You sound so happy and looks as if you are settling into your new apartment nicely – toaster and all! I am happy for you! Personal space “home” is so important.
Love adding cucumber for a little crunch! So refreshing. And yeah, I’m feelin happy here in my new place 🙂 thanks Kathy! It is SO important to feel good in your home. I’ve learned even the littlest of things can make a big difference in my mood but the extra space really is key – at least for me ha. Hope you are well, so good hearing from you!