Quick No-Bake Chocolate Covered Protein Bars. A vegan, gluten free, high in protein homemade snack that tastes like a chewy fudge brownie! Comes together quickly and couldn’t be easier!
- 3/4 cup plant protein powder (I used 22 Days Nutrition chocolate flavored protein)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1–2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (depending on flavor preference)
- 1/2 cup runny almond butter (I LOVE the creamy almond butter from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients – protein powder, almond flour and cacao powder. Next, add all liquid ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl – almond butter, almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil (or add to a pot over the stove) and warm until coconut oil is melted, about 1 minute.
- Pour warmed liquid ingredients into dry and mix until it forms a cookie dough-like texture.
- Transfer mixture to a lined 8×6 glass baking dish and pat down to flatten with hands or a spatula.
- Freeze for 10 minutes to set. Then remove and cut into squares.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil to drizzle over top the bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Keywords: Quick, No Bake, Chocolate, chocolate Covered, Protein, Bars, vegan, gluten free, high protein, homemade, snack, chewy, fudge, brownie