Apple slices topped with “date caramel” and your favorite toppings! The perfect healthy snack or breakfast options
- 15–20 soft, gooey medjool dates (soak in water for 20 minutes if they are not soft)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips, optional (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- In a food processor, blend the gooey dates until they are finely chopped. Add the water and blend until it turns into a date “paste”.
- Slice your apple into circular slices and slather on the date “paste”.
- Top with raisins, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Omit the chocolate chips if you are a raw vegan. Other topping options: pecans, almonds, walnuts, gogi berries, cinnamon.