Today’s post is very special!
Welcome to the Virtual Vegan Potluck 🙂 this is an online potluck partayyy that brings together 85 bloggers, cookbook authors, recipe developers and home chef’s; giving us an opportunity to share our best plant-based appetizers, beverages, breads, sides, salads, main courses, soups/stews, and desserts with the online community. How fun! I’m so excited to be apart of this.
I chose to share the most refreshing and delicious salad I’ve ever created. A Rosemary Infused Grapefruit & Kale Salad. This can and should be enjoyed throughout any season, even winter. A good salad with all the right components can turn your day around. Or is that just me?! It needs to have texture, be crunchy, FULL of flavor, satiating, satisfying, super fresh and be accompanied by a perfectly paired dressing.
Be prepared for mouth watering amazingness. If I were to open a restaurant one day (not that I’m planning to ha), this salad would be the first thing on the menu. No joke. It’s fancy and surprisingly luxurious but all of us can easily make this. Promise. Plus, of course it’s completely healthy and plant based.
For this “restaurant style” salad, we are combining juicy red grapefruit paired with aromatic rosemary, softened lacinto kale, red cabbage, hemp hearts, and sunflower seeds for this citrus-infused salad, plus a rosemary citrus vinaigrette. Rosemary has to be my favorite fresh herb – it has the most delicious yet calming smell and when paired with the right ingredients, it can transform any dish into a heavenly one!
- 1 bunch of lacinto kale, shredded (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 of a red grapefruit, cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (1-2 sprigs)
Rosemary Citrus Dressing
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Assemble all ingredients for the salad in a bowl, starting with the kale, cabbage, grapefruit, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds and rosemary. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Pour over salad and toss.
- Serving Size: 2