?This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group? InStyle? and Real Simple? but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #NewYearMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV?
With the new year comes new goals and new intentions for your life. While resolutions work for some, I like to visualize how I want 2016 to go and set goals that will help me get there rather than set goals that are likely to fizzle out. If I want to be my best, most productive self, I know that self care is one of the most important rituals for that. If we don’t take care of our bodies and our minds then we won’t be able to let new ideas flow or get everything done on our list!
Clearing away some time for yourself each day can make a huge difference in your well-being and productivity, even if it’s just a few minutes. During this time, I like to work out, write, paint my nails, read a book, listen to music, cook my favorite meal or flip through a magazine for inspiration, like InStyle or Real Simple magazines. Real Simple has some unique recipes that I want to put my own spin on and there’s nothing quite like flipping through a magazine for inspiration rather than scrolling through our phones… it’s just not the same on a small screen as it is in person!
Self care can be anything you want it to be and whatever makes you a happier person. Going on a walk, meditating, listening to positive podcasts, lighting candles and taking a bath, grabbing lunch with friends, going to a coffee shop by yourself to read, going shopping (yes please!), anything you want, as long as it makes you better for other parts of your life 🙂
Some other ways that help prioritize and make time for “me time”:
- writing out my to-do lists and grocery lists on Sundays which also means planning out meals for the week – this saves time from running to the store to pick up last minute things and scrambling to figure out what to cook
- prepping ahead of time whether that be chopping veggies for healthy recipes for the week or making a big batch of grains or soup
- scheduling in my workouts (or else they seem to escape from my day!)
- cleaning and tidying up my apartment every night after dinner so that it’s organized and looks nice when I wake up in the morning
- starting my day with positive quotes and good vibes and music that I love rather than watching the news or scrolling through facebook as this usually puts a damper on the day.. focus on only good things in the morning and set good intentions for the day!
Head to your local Jewel Osco and take advantage of $1.00 off participating titles (PEOPLE?, InStyle?, People StyleWatch?, Real Simple?, and Sunset?) with this digital offer until 2/15/16 while supplies last.
How do you like to prioritize self care and “me time”?! Leave me a comment below!
Hope your 2016 has been amazing so far 🙂
Hi, Great article!
I completely agree with you. Self care is the most important way to maintain mental and physical health. Self care is very important to reduce stress levels. By taking just few minutes to yourself each day you can allow yourself to be more productive. This is because stress has a negative effect on both the mind and body. Taking breaks from stressful tasks reduce stress allowing you to perform better on tasks. Make sure to keep short breaks to avoid raising stress levels.
after i got married, i kind of lost this “me-time” so my new years resolution this year had everything to do with self-love and self-care. i love to go to yoga, walks with my pup and coloring! So happy adult coloring books are a thing now.
what do you do for workouts?