My go-to easy, fresh salad
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 6 oz. can black olives, chopped in half (or Kalamata if you have them)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely diced (about 1/3 of the onion)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- couple dashes black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, add all salad ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Let sit in fridge for 20 minutes to let flavors combine or eat right away! You could also pour dressing over salad as needed to keep veggies from getting soggy. I added the dressing and let sit in the fridge overnight, the flavors really show through the next day.